Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake -This is simple strawberry cake made with fresh strawberries, topped with homemade cream cheese frosting and topped with crumble mixture.
Fresh strawberries were placed into the middle of the cake for added pizazz!!
So let’s get into this recipe so I can show you how it’s done!
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 2 sticks butter ( softened )
- 2 (1/2) Cups sugar
- 1 ( 3 oz. ) Package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 (3 oz. ) Package Strawberry Jello
- 5 eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 3 Cups flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
Strawberry Crunch Topping:
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 ( 3 oz.) Package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 ( 3 oz.) Package Strawberry Jello
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 ( 8 oz.) Package cream cheese ( Softened )
- 8-10 oz. Ounces Marshmallow Fluff
How To Make Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees ~ In a Large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together shortening, butter, sugar, 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding, and 1 Package Strawberry Jello ( it will look crumbly. Next mix eggs in one at a time.
- Add milk and mix batter till it resembles cake frosting. Next, add flour, salt, and Baking powder ( I just plop dry ingredients right on top the batter). Use a wooden spoon to slowly mix the flour in then finish it off with the hand mixer. This just keeps the flour from flying everywhere when you turn your mixer on.
- Pour batter into a bundt pan that has been well greased with shortening. Use a wooden spoon to smooth batter around the pan. Bake @ 300 degrees for 1(1/2) hours.
- Allow cake to cool for 10 – 15 minutes then carefully turn out on a clean surface to allow cake to finish cooling. Once cake is completely cool, frost it and top with strawberry crunch, recipes below.
- In a small bowl add 2 Tablespoons of butter, 1 (3 oz.) package of Instant Vanilla Pudding, and ONLY 1 (1/2) Teaspoons of Strawberry Jello ( Store the leftovers for a later use).
- Use a fork to crumb together. Bake Crumbs at 350 degrees on a greased cookie sheet for about 10 minutes, or until slightly browned, stirring every few minutes.
- In a small/medium bowl add cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Use a hand mixer to mix together till fluffy.