- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 oz baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut in strips, excess fat trimmed
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup dry red wine + splash for deglazing
- 2-½ cups fat free beef broth
- 2 tbsp corn starch + ¼ cup cold water, whisked together
How To Make Slow Cooker Beef Tips
Place the onions and mushrooms into the bottom of a 4.5 quart slow cooker.
Then, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Generously season the steak strips with salt and pepper and add them to the hot skillet, and sear the meat on all sides, about 3 minutes; do not cook through.
Place the meat into the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
Splash a couple tablespoons of red wine into the hot skillet and scrape the bottom to remove any browned meat bits. Add these to the crock pot.
Season the beef with pepper a second time and add the Worcestershire sauce, red wine, and beef broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Uncover and slowly whisk in the cornstarch and water mixture. Cover and cook on high for another 45 minutes or until the gravy has thickened.
Serve the beef tips over brown rice (shown), buttered egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.