- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded, or 3 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 bag frozen carrots
- 1/2 tsp salt (or 1 tsp if using unsalted butter)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 12 oz bag egg noodles
- Optional: additional vegetables like peas, broccoli, or celery
- Olive oil, for cooking chicken breasts
- French bread, for serving
- If using chicken breasts, heat a 5-quart pot with a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Fry the chicken breasts until cooked through. Remove from the pot and shred the chicken. If using a rotisserie chicken, simply shred it and set aside.
- In the same 5-quart pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil. If using bouillon cubes, dissolve them in the boiling broth.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley to the broth. Whisk in the cream of chicken soup until well combined.
- Add the frozen carrots and shredded chicken to the pot. If you’re adding any optional vegetables, this is the time to add them as well.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil and add the egg noodles. Boil for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Let the mixture simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the egg noodles are cooked to your desired tenderness.
- Serve the creamy chicken and noodles hot, accompanied by slices of French bread.
Note: Feel free to customize this recipe by adding other vegetables or using cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken. Adjust the seasonings to your taste.
Yields: Approximately 5-6 servings. You can scale down the ingredients if needed. Enjoy your comforting and delicious one-pot meal!