These are such a nice change from the usual baked or mashed potatoes, and your kids can peel off one little bite at a time.
Try it, you will not regret it!
Peel potatoes, preferably not very large, elongated shape.
Make cuts throughout the potatoes, not cutting to the end. SLIMME cover with salt.
In each cut, put on a slice of bacon, you can alternate bacon with cheese, well, or bacon with champignon slices.
Top with pepper, wrap in foil (if desired, you can put a clove of garlic in the foil) and send it to the oven, somewhere for about 40 minutes (I can not tell the exact time, it all depends on the size of the potatoes.
- ½ Butter Stick
- 1 Garlic Clove
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Whole Potatoes
How To Make Potato Accordion
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine butter, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slice 1 potato crosswise, leaving about 1/2 inch at the bottom still attached. (Place pencils on each side of the potato when cutting to ensure that you don’t slice all the way through.) Smear with butter mixture, carefully working it between the slices and coating all sides.
- Repeat for remaining potatoes.
- Place potatoes on a nonstick baking sheet and bake 45 minutes or until golden brown and tender.