Ooey Gooey Bars are so simple to make, always a crowd favorite, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! With cake mix, butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in the ingredients, you cannot go wrong. The hardest part will be waiting for them to cool!
And what makes this recipe even more appealing? It’s super-duper easy and anybody can make it. My kids make it all the time!
Plus, you probably have the ingredients on hand.
Make these today. Or this weekend. Or for your next potluck – you’ll be everybody’s hero!
This recipe has been around forever with my family. And it has at least a dozen different names and as many variations.
- 1 box yellow cake mix, dry (not prepared)
- 8 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 16 oz. powdered sugar
How To Make Ooey Gooey Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter and egg. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pat and press dough evenly over the bottom of a greased 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat and cream the cream cheese. Add the eggs and beat until smooth for a minute or two. Add powdered sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
- Pour over crust and bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes or until done. Do not over bake.
- When done, remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars.