Lasagna soup definitely hits the spot for classic lasagna without needing to turn on the oven. It’s easy to make on weeknights, and perfect for chilly evenings.
Lasagna is such a warm and inviting dish. It has an incredible aroma that fills the kitchen. But assembling and baking a lasagna can become quite time-consuming. Enter lasagna soup! All the heartiness of the real deal, but made with the ease of a one-pot dish.
- 1 lb Beef (Ground)
- 1 lb Italian Sausage (Ground)
- 10 Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 24 oz Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 4 tsp Garlic (Minced)
- 8 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 14 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make One Pot Lasagna Soup
- Add the ground beef , onion and sausage to a large pot over medium high heat, and cook until completely browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Return the pot to the stove, mix in the garlic. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, sugar, balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, bay leaf and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Break the lasagna noodles into pieces, and place in the pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the noodles have softened.
- Top with parmesan cheese, mozzarella or ricotta and serve.