MIDWEEK BAKED DOUGHNUTS
This might actually become a thing in my home. Baked doughnuts require either a doughnut baking tray or a doughnut maker. I have both, the baking tray doughnuts are bigger than the doughnut-maker but the doughnut-maker makes doughnuts faster. The recipe works for both. Cinnamon-Sugar instructions are below.
200g Cake Flour
125g White Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Milk
50g Melted Butter
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Large Egg
YOU CAN ALSO CHECK THOSE RECIPES:
- Air Fryer Donuts – 4 ingredients these are the BEST!!
- Cream-Filled Doughnut Recipe
- Buttermilk doughnuts with vanilla glaze
- Easy Boston Cream Doughnuts
1. Oven: Preheat oven to 180 C and prepare doughnut pans by spraying with non-stick spray. Doughnut maker: Preheat the doughnut maker for 5 minutes prior to baking the doughnuts.
2. In a large bowl, add the cake flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients together using a whisk.
3. Add milk, melted butter, vanilla essence, and the egg to the dry ingredients and whisk together until well combined. The batter should be thick and smooth.
4. Add batter to doughnut pans or doughnut maker and bake for either 15 minutes in the oven or 3 minutes in the doughnut maker. The doughnut should be golden brown.
5. Allow cooling before decorating.
6. For Cinnamon-Sugar coating: Mix together ½ Cup of White Sugar with ½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon, and add the cinnamon mixture to a bowl. In a second bowl, melt 50g Butter. Dip the doughnut in the butter then into the Cinnamon-Sugar, then allow to dry.