- 1 medium head cabbage (roughly cut)
- 1 cup water or chicken broth (the cabbage will produce more liquid as it cooks)
- 1 package your favourite smoked sausage, cut into 1” pieces
- 4 – 5 medium potatoes (peeling optional) cut into 1 ½” cubes
- 1 medium onion, halved and then cut into 1/2” slices
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste, optional)
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
How To Make INSTANT POT CABBAGE SAUSAGE AND POTATO SOUP
Step 1: Place the pot into the base.
Step 2: In a small mixing bowl, add the garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
Step 3: Place the cabbage on the bottom of a pressure cooker pot liner and pour in water.
Step 4: Place 4 tablespoons of butter over the cabbage and season it with 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture.
Step 5: Add in the smoked sausage on top of the cabbage.
Step 6: Add in the minced garlic, onion, and potatoes.
Step 7: Sprinkle the rest of the spice mixture on top followed by 4 tablespoons of butter.
Step 8: Cover the pressure cooker with the lead and seal it.
Step 9: Cook for 8 minutes until done.