Ingredients ( Servings 4 )
- 4 (16-ounces) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 stick (1/2-cup) butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ cup Shredded Reduced Fat 4-Cheese Italian
How To Make Garlic Butter Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with a pat of butter.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; arrange chicken in a single layer in prepared baking dish and set aside.
- Add butter to a skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring very frequently.
- DO NOT burn the garlic.
- Stir in the rosemary and remove from heat.
- Pour the prepared garlic butter over the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 30 to 32 minutes, or until chicken’s internal temperature is 165F.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand a couple minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates; spoon a little bit of the garlic butter sauce over the chicken and serve.
Though we’re using an entire stick of butter for the sauce, we’re only ingesting about ½-tablespoon of the butter per serving.