- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2/3 c Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 4 Onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 c Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless skinless
- 1/2 c Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
How To Make French Onion Chicken Bake
- Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
- Apply cooking spray in a baking dish.
- Put a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Add butter and let it melt.
- Add the onions, then sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, then add the garlic, pepper, and thyme. Sauté until aromatic.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and beef broth, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
- Simmer everything for 10 minutes or until the onions caramelize.
- Add 1/3 of the mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Lay the chicken breasts over the onion layer, then season with salt to taste.
- Scatter the rest of the onions over the chicken.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of Parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top of the onions.
- Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake everything for about 30 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
Serve warm and enjoy!