- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut in half lengthwise and pounded to an even thickness to make four cutlets
- 2 large eggs, beaten + 1 tbsp water
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika – regular is fine if you don’t have smoked
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ c vegetable oil
Honey Garlic Sauce:
- ½ c honey
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch + 3 tbsp cold water
How To Make Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken
- Place a saucepan on the stove, then add soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Stir until well blended.
- Turn the heat to medium and allow the mixture to boil.
- In a mixing bowl, add cold water and cornstarch. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour the cornstarch into the pan and stir until well blended and thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well mixed.
- In another mixing bowl, add 1 tbsp of water and eggs. Whisk until well mixed.
- Dip each chicken slice into the egg wash, then into the flour mixture. Make sure to coat them well.
- Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Add oil and allow it to become hot.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook each side for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the fried chicken slices into the bowl with the honey garlic sauce and toss until well coated.
Serve hot and enjoy!