My mom has always made this cheesy sausage casserole for us on Christmas morning, and we look forward to eating it every year. It is so delicious, and everyone enjoys it! You can use croutons instead of making toast, and sage sausage for a different flavor.
Quickly get back to the fun Christmas morning, by having this Christmas Breakfast Casserole prepped the night before – simply throw this tasty tray into the oven to bake!
Ingredients ( Servings 6 )
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 C whole milk
- 6 slices white bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 1 C mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
How To Make Christmas Breakfast Casserole
- Crumble sausage into a medium skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until evenly brown; drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, eggs, and milk.
- Add the sausage, bread cubes, and cheese, and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover, and bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Uncover, and reduce temperature to 325 degrees.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until set.
- Cut and serve.
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 990mg | Potassium: 396mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 536IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 310mg | Iron: 2mg