Chocolate Rice Krispie Balls are bite-sized treats made by mixing Rice Krispies cereal with melted chocolate. They’re chilled until firm, creating a crunchy, chocolaty snack. Additional ingredients like peanut butter, nuts, or coconut can be added for extra flavor and texture. They’re popular during holidays like Christmas and are a fun treat to make.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 1 square sweet chocolate
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soft butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add in Rice Krispies, chopped pecans, and shredded coconut. Mix until well combined.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm it up.
- After chilling, shape the mixture into small balls and return them to the fridge. Allow them to chill for at least an additional hour.
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and sweet chocolate together, stirring gently until smooth and creamy.
- Using a fork, carefully dip each chilled peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate mixture, ensuring it’s evenly coated.
- Place the coated balls on parchment paper and refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
- Once set, store in an airtight container in the fridge. These treats also freeze well.
Note: These delectable treats are always a hit during the holiday season! You can prepare the balls ahead of time and refrigerate them overnight, or even freeze them before dipping in chocolate for a delightful treat anytime.