- 3 Cups Cake Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 Sticks Butter (Room Temperature)
- 5 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 C Whole buttermilk (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon pound cake extract
- 2 Cups Toasted Pecans
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 oz Butter
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 4 tsp half and half
How To Make Butter Pecan Pound Cake
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth(about 3-7 minutes)
- slowly add eggs 1 at a time
- add flavors
- add flour and milk
- starting with flour and ending with flour
- stir in chopped pecans
- pour in greased tube pan
- Bake 325 Degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes. Check after 45 minutes. Mine was ready at 1 hour .
- Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake and if the toothpick comes out with batter on it leave your cake in for the complete baking time.
- The toothpick must come out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 20 mins. Then place on cake plate. Make sure to cover so cake won’t dry out. A tight-fit cake pan would be perfect.